Sunday 10 April 2016

Critical Reflection on Project Learning

While working on this project, I have learned new information about different people and their cultures and and I enjoyed working on this project with my team members.

During the forming stage of group development, all of us showed our schedule to one another so that we can plan a day whereby everyone is available to work on the project. However, we were waiting for someone to take the initiative and assign tasks. Thus, not much work was done.

On the day of video recording, everyone was very excited and brought the props. While recording, I realised that one member did not have any lines to say because that dialogue was missing. Instead of waiting for someone to write in the missing dialogue, I immediately took the initiative and wrote a dialogue so that he would not feel that he is not needed in the production.

Through past observations, I have realised that all of us want to be involved in the project and are willing to extend help. Also, I have realised that I will sometimes take the initiative to do work/delegate tasks to people when the amount of work done for that day is little. Not constantly relying on textbooks allows students to gain additional knowledge as they don't feel restricted. Also, some knowledge can only be obtained through group projects when the students experience the challenges first-hand.

This experience has taught me not to always wait for people to delegate tasks to me as they might be too busy with their work. To be a good team player, I have to take the initiative to offer help to my team members.

1 comment:

  1. Like what you wrote about "taking initiative". It is comfortable for us to wait for things to happen..but to do impactful things, we need to make things happen at times

    ReplyDelete